Applying the principles of natural farming and permaculture to our 9 acre field.
Sharing our seasonal foraging tips and wild food recipes.
Exploring the many non edible uses of our native wild plants.
- The Forage Field Management planWelcome to the Forage Field. This is our field management plan to diversify 9 acres of agricultural land using the principles of natural farming to encourage land recovery, habitat development and the use of native plants.
- Sloe berry curd -A quick and easy sloe recipe using frozen fruitThis quick and easy sloe recipe uses frozen fruit to produce a moreish, delicate preserve which is a million miles away in taste from the astringent sloe berries in their raw form.
- Hedgerow ketchup. A delicious and adaptable wild fruit recipe.This delicious hedgerow ketchup recipe is a fabulous way to take advantage of the autumn bounty found in our beautiful hedgerows.
- Damson, Bullace or Sloe Gin RecipeCan you tell the difference between a sloe berry, damson or bullace? The good news is all three of these fruits and their hybrids make a fabulous fruit gin.
- How to Make Soothing Pine Resin SalveHow to make soothing pine resin salve for the skin. Pine resin salve has a lovely fragrance and makes a fab addition to a first aid kit for use on sore and irritated skin.
- Delicious Hazelnut liqueur recipeThis simple hazelnut liqueur recipe only takes minutes to prepare but results in a deliciously rich and smooth nut flavoured liqueur.